Friday, October 26, 2007

Time After Time

Jack Bauer has saved the world for six days now.

Next year, Jack Bauer is going to have another bad day, and unfortunately, it just doesn’t look all that exciting.

Just watch the trailer for the up-until-today much-anticipated two-hour seventh season premiere of 24 that will air on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 8 p.m. on Fox, and tell me that it doesn’t remind you of the plot of Live Free or Die Hard.

In an introduction, Kiefer Sutherland, a.k.a. Jack Bauer, says that for “Day Seven” the show has pulled out all the stops, and hopes that viewers will be thrilled with what they have come up, calling the upcoming season 24’s “best season yet.”

While I would love to trust Sutherland wholeheartedly, I wasn’t revved up by the trailer as much as I was last year. Then again, last year we got a great trailer and a disappointing season, so perhaps this year they really will outdo themselves.

I definitely will watch 24 next year – it sounds like it’s going to be a pot-boiler, what with the return of ***y and the change of setting (from L.A. to Washington, D.C.).

But I’m not thrilled. Not yet.

Photo: TVGuide.com.

No comments: