Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just Because, Pt. 7

Thank you, VH-1; I enjoy having a side of new video (to me, at least) with my breakfast.

That’s what happened this morning when I caught A Fine Frenzy’s “Almost Lover.” (I thought that, having gotten a Return to Sender, this was a rather brill sign.)

A Fine Frenzy is the stage name used by 22-year-old singer-songwriter Alison Sudol, a self-taught pianist whose debut album, One Cell in the Sea, was released this summer. She has a sweet voice this girl – sweet and melancholy.

Here’s a choice sample of the lyrics of the song that almost had me chocking on my bagel:

“Goodbye, my almost lover /
Goodbye, my hopeless dream /
I'm trying not to think about you /
Can't you just let me be? /
So long, my luckless romance /
My back is turned on you /
Should've known you'd bring me heartache /
Almost lovers always do.”

Photo: BN.com.

No comments: