Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gone

Selling out may not be her thing, but cashing in sure is.

Madonna and Live Nation Inc. announced today that their in-the-works $120 million deal is a go, thus ending weeks of speculation that the Material Girl would kiss good-bye her longtime home, Warner Bros., which refused to match the Live Nation deal.

“The paradigm in the music business has shifted and as an artist and a businesswoman, I have to move with that shift,” said the Queen of Pop.

“For the first time in my career, the way that my music can reach my fans is unlimited. I’ve never wanted to think in a limited way and with this new partnership, the possibilities are endless.”

The singer still owes Warner Bros. another studio album and a greatest hits album.

Congratulations, Madonna. You made out like a bandit. And you’re worth it.

Now, may I borrow a couple thou?

Photo: Madonnalicious.com.

No comments: