Monday, October 15, 2007

The Box

A month into the new TV season, I cannot help but wonder how the box is doing these days.

With time-shifting machines (i.e., TiVos and FauxVos) in more homes than before, Americans are causing havoc on the rating system – and the networks are working really hard trying to figure us out.

They’re wondering how many viewers actually watch, say, NBC’s Heroes live as opposed to later in the evening or later in the week. And how they should be taken into account. And, natch, what (new) shows we are watching, anyway.

To help I figured I ought to say that, so far, I’m totally into The CW’s Gossip Girl – the repeats of which I’m TiVoing on Sundays.

I’ve been won over by the fantastic Pushing Daisies (what color! what concept! what writing!) and by the zany Darlings of Dirty Sexy Money (Donald Sutherland and Jill Clayburgh – I love you), both on ABC.

And although I’m favoring NBC’s Bionic Woman over ABC’s Private Practice, the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off is winning me over little by little.

But I am one of those viewers that is puzzling the broadcasters: I have yet to check out three weeks worth of NBC’s Chuck and Journeyman, and ABC’s Big Shots – and once I do, the rating system’s going to have a minor WTF moment.

So…. What are you watching?

Photo: ABC.com (Dirty Sexy Money).

No comments: