Monday, September 10, 2007

Stick a Fork in It, Already

I’m in New York for Fashion Week until Wednesday, but everywhere I went until last night, talk inevitably, predictably, turned to Britney Spears and her VMAs performance.

Of course, I watched it. And of course, I hate it.

What a lazy cow.

The styling was awful (the bloated look – not sexy; the blond extensions – ratty; the blue contacts – fug).

She wasn’t even trying.

MTV should be ashamed. The performance negated all the hard work that went on in putting the show together in the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas – a logistical nightmare for the busy bees behind the scenes, I’m sure.

The saving grace of such a pitiful display of artistry was Sarah Silverman, who followed the erstwhile pop star on stage and nailed it, in spite of the comedian’s humor being betrayed by the audience’s tentative laughter. (Google or YouTube that later.).

But then again, here I are talking about the whole thing. So I guess Spears’ performance did what it was supposed to do: It got us talking.

Photo: MTV.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Sarah Silverman was hilarious....and I hated the crowd for not showing more support.

"Amy Winehouse is Jewish right? If not, someone needs to tell her face."