Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fall’s So Good

Couches will be warmed tonight as the premiere of Gossip Girl on The CW tonight ushers in a brand new TV season.

Some series will premiere, others will return, and although some that should – cough, cough, Veronica Mars, cough – won’t, there still we be plenty to buzz about with your pals (especially on Thursdays).

I already have issued TiVo Season Passes to NBC’s Chuck, Journeyman, and Bionic Woman. (On Mondays, the first two will sandwich Heroes. I trust it won’t get any better than that.)

Now, Chuck I know I probably will like because it looks like of geeky fun.

Journeyman has been added on to my list because of Kevin McKidd (HBO’s Rome), and because I’m too lazy to individually add episodes. If I decide I don’t like it, I’ll cancel its Season Pass, and that’ll be that.

Bionic Woman I will like because I just have a thing for badass chicks. But this Wednesday show is up against Gossip Girl, which I’ll watch on another TV, and ABC’s Private Practice, a.k.a. the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off starring Kate Walsh.

Conflict. Private Practice I’ll check out if I get around to it…at a friend’s…on the weekends. Something’s gotta give.

Also on Mondays, Fox’s Prison Break has been demoted – although I will watch the season premiere before next week. And I’ve been reading good things about The CW’s Aliens in America.

Tuesday, up until this year a very crowded night, has eased up. Tuesdays will be all about Fox’s Bones, returning to my lineup after a spotty second season (due to scheduling, not quality), The CW’s Reaper and NBC’s Law & Order: SVU. Easy.

I will begin Wednesdays with Pushing Daisies and finish it with Dirty Sexy Money, both on ABC, and you know I’ve already chosen between the Bionic Woman and the Gossip Girl (again, sorry, Kate Walsh).

NBC – the Peacock again! – definitely has regained its footing with its night of comedy done right, indeed. So I’ll TiVo ABC’s Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy, and watch My Name Is Earl,
the Emmy-winning 30 Rock, The Office, and the final season of Scrubs.

I’ll give ABC’s Big Shots a shot, but I’m not making any promises (the show doesn’t have the greatest buzz).

Fridays will be all about Friday Nights Lights.

And finally, Sundays, of course, I’ll visit Wisteria Lane – because Marcia Cross is back from maternity leave, and because I keep hoping Desperate Housewives will have gotten its bite back – and check in on the Walkers – because Brothers & Sisters just got better and better last season.

All of this begs the question: What will I do when I have to factor in cable and 24 and Lost, which will return in the winter, not to mention mid-season replacements?

I know I watch too much TV. Don’t judge me.

Photo: NBC.com (Chuck).

No comments: