Thursday, August 23, 2007

Introducing the President and CEO of the Lucky Club

Lindsay Lohan will not be charged with any felonies, after all, but she has been formally charged with seven misdemeanor counts in two separate DUI cases, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced today.

I hate to say it, but I’m kind of disappointed to find out that by avoiding felony charges, La Lohan faces a maximum penalty of days – rather than years – behind bars.

If convicted of the two DUIs, she faces a mandatory sentence of at least four days in jail. However, her attorney could successfully argue for more rehab in lieu of time. (She currently is in another rehab program – her third – in Utah.)

Now, it’s not like I want her to go to jail – you know I love the girl to bits.

But I think that going through the experience would be a formative experience in her case. I know it’s a far-out thing to say, but hey, look at the things she’s doing. Tough love, baby….

I want Lohan to become a better version of herself. Letting her get off easy isn’t doing her – or anyone – a favor. I truly hope, thought, that she has learned something from this, and that she will stay healthy.

Photo: Music.IGN.com.

No comments: