Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Nostalgia, Pt. 12

I met a couple of fellas last night who could not have been any less enthusiastic about my hopeful flirtini toast to Lindsay Lohan’s health.

These guys weren’t buyin' what I was sellin'.

One in particular made it quite clear he just wasn’t all that impressed by L2…or her work.

While I argued that yes, she’s almost too troubled to function, he simply gave me this look that said I should just drop the “almost” and be done with her.

But this morning I woke up and I couldn’t help and think he was, well…wrong.

Say what you will about her, but La Lohan actually can act. I realize, however, she’s made it rather difficult for people to root for her anymore.

And so I wonder: Is it too soon to look back in sadness over the troubled actress’ career?

One thing’s for sure, though: Lohan still is full of promise.

I just want to trust she’ll get it together and make good on it.

Photo: Paramount Pictures (Mean Girls).

No comments: