Friday, June 15, 2007

Constance Trentham Was Right

“The time to make up your mind about people is never,” or so Maggie Smith said in Gosford Park.

But sometimes, people do – in spite of what I or even a couple of cute schipperkes would have to say or bark about it. (That’s wishful thinking when it comes to the dogs, since I cannot know for sure they would bark for me.)

And to those people I say, especially having received the electronic mail equivalent to a drive-by shooting yesterday,
you can go your own way.

And I mean it in the best way possible. Honestly, I do.

Photo: USA Films (Gosford Park).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't relationships just the best thing ever!?! The only thing I can think of better than having a boyfriend is having an ex-boyfriend. I find ex-boyfriends especially delightful. That is why I am going to throw your ex-boyfriend a party! Just kidding --Hang in there, lil' pallie.

Anonymous said...

cant teach an old dog new tricks - in your case, sounds like you attempted to turn a very old old dog...

Hello - how many times do I need to tell you that you do not need to be in your twenties while you are dating someone who is calculating what the social security benefit is going to look like!

if you can guess who this is, give me a holler whenever you get a chance...