Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hell Hath No Fury

There is nothing I like more than pop stars who sing about getting even – mostly because I never.

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to really go ahead and slash a hole “in all 4 tires” as Carrie Underwood sings her alter ego did in “Before He Cheats”? I think it would be so liberating, so badass.

Then again – aw, shucks – it also would be kind of wrong, but just thinking about it makes me…well, it makes me “Smile.”

After all, although I don't want to think about it, don't want to talk about it because I'm just so sick about it, “What Goes Around Comes Around,” do you know what I mean.

And really, holding on to the deliciously wicked high of just thinking about it can be great. If anything, at least you can sing to it. And that is more useful than a roll of nickels – even if sometimes you wish you still had a roll of nickels.

Who cares if this makes any sense. I’ve noticed pop stars are telling people off left and right, and that is a good thing. It’s called living vicariously. It’s healthy, and it’s fun. So, heck, I will (think about it) if I want to.

It can even be playful. I mean, hey hey, you you, “Girlfriend” is like, my new anthem.

Photo: About.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ur funny