Thursday, March 01, 2007

Nostalgia, Pt. 7

Every once in while a radio station will play some
Roxette, and I gotta tell ya…boy, does it take me back.

Alright, it takes me back to like, the early-to-mid-1990s, but still….

I remember I saw Swedish pop masters Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle, a.k.a. Roxette, in concert in Lima (Peru, not Ohio) and just having a great time.


Roxette’s songs are catchy and they taught me that I always should try to be “Dressed for Success,” that, as agonizing at it may be, it’s OK to “Listen to Your Heart,” and that “Sleeping in My Car” just might be a whole lotta fun (the first two songs appeared in their 1988 release Look Sharp!).

Last year, the CD Collection of Roxette Hits: Their 20 Greatest Songs was released, featuring fan favorites like “Joyride” and “The Look,” as well as two new tracks ("One Wish" and "Reveal").


The compilation should prove a must have item for anyone who calls themselves a fan of Roxette.

Photo: Amazon.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't the woman have cancer or something like that? I didn't know they were still together! I loved Roxette so much!