Friday, February 02, 2007

Spring Awakening

Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today, which means you can expect an early spring instead of six more weeks of winter this year.

I kind of hinted at that in December, though, when I very briefly previewed the Diane Keaton-Mandy Moore vehicle Because I Said So, which opened in movie theaters everywhere today.

To be honest, I haven’t heard the kindest things about it – but any movie that showcases Moore’s luminous beauty and talent – give me Moore, indeed! – is fine with me.

By the way, the singer and actress – who has knowingly and quietly left an ever-evolving mark in the music and movie scenes and has yet to flash us her privates or go into rehab (and who once may have played third banana to Britney and Christina…but not Jessica) – has a new album, Wild Hope, coming to a store near you on May 8, and several other films about to be released.

Moore’s new single, “Extraordinary,” is up on her MySpace page – and it’s growing on me fast.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Photo: MandyMoore.org.

No comments: