Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chandra Wilson Is My Hero

In a move that seemed to say, “Don't want to think about it / Don't want to talk about it / I'm just so sick about it,” Chandra Wilson of TV's Grey's Anatomy stole the spotlight at last Sunday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, not only with her much-deserved win (for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series), but with her shout-out to embattled co-star Isaiah Washington.

Talk about putting things in perspective. (You can find a complete list of SAG Awards winners here, by the way.)

I know I haven’t written much about the controversy (and politics) surrounding the cast of the hit show – that is except for this brief mention – and that is because I just don’t have an opinion.

It’d be rather pointless to point out how disgusting it was for Washington to allegedly have called co-star T.R. Knight a “f----t,” or how disappointing it’s been to realize that show creator Shonda Rhimes seems to be missing a sensitivity chip.

But I admired Wilson’s fair expression of gratitude to all her co-stars because in the moment she said it, the work put into the show was all that really mattered. The rest is dirty laundry that I hope can be taken care of at home.

Photo: GreysAnatomyInsider.com.

No comments: