Thursday, November 30, 2006

Note to Self...

I don’t need to see that!

And by that I mean people getting outed (when did it become OK to pressure people out of the closet, anyway?):

What led to Lance Bass’s coming out was a terrible low point in news reporting history, I think, and proof that anyone with a computer – yes, any blogger (I will not name names) – can be a bully. I don’t care if Reichen Lehmkuhl (Bass’ boyfriend, with whom I talked earlier in November) seems to be cool with it because it is anything but. The same blogger went after Neil Patrick Harris, relentlessly, and Doogie Howser had to put out a press release and shut up the rumor mill – and now, he's trying to get Jodie Foster to fess up. Who cares!

By that I also mean young starlets’ nether regions:

It’s just, like, eww much? It used to be that actresses couldn’t show so much as the hint of a knee, and while I’m not saying we ought to go back to that backward mentality, we should reclaim good taste. I can shrug off Paris Hilton dancing on a table while going commando – that’s her shtick and it’ll be her undoing. But somebody needs to tell Lindsay Lohan that getting photographed not once but several times stepping out of a car, va-jay-jay to the wind, does not scream “serious actress” – and you know I live for La Lohan. And don't get me started on Britney Spears! As if hanging out with Hilton wasn’t bad enough, she has made it a habit to show us her everything this week (you can get on the Google and look up these pictures up yourself if you want). So much for a comeback.

Finally, by that I also mean people getting offended oh-so easily:

It is one thing to be offended by Mel Gibson’s drunken anti-Semitic rant, or by Michael Richards’ strangely racist stand-up routine, but by Kelly Ripa? To say that Ripa is a “homophobe” because she tells Clay Aiken she doesn’t want him putting his hand (in a rather abusive and hostile way, mind you) over her mouth, live on the air, because she doesn’t “know where that hand’s been, honey,” is "outrageous," Rosie O’Donnell. I love you to death, but you should know better. And while we’re at it, and coming back full circle, when did it become OK for O’Donnell to (inadvertently?) out Aiken – and how come no one is saying anything about that?

Whatever happened to class?


Photo: DollsAmerica.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as exposed Lady Parts, at first I thought that it was simply an unfortunate mistake. Then after multiple glimpses, I found it completely inappropriate...and don't they all look alike anyway. Now I am completely puzzled (and densensitized)...what are they thinking? These are not girls lacking in paparazzi coverage. ???????