Thursday, October 12, 2006

Simply Irresistible, Pt. 3

Next week’s Running with Scissors may be a showcase of Annette Bening’s tremendous talent, but it should also prove to be a breakthrough vehicle for up-and-comer Joseph Cross (Strangers with Candy).

Trust me when I tell you that any young man (Cross turned 20 this year) who can hold his own alongside Bening the way I hear he does in the adaptation of Augusten Burroughs’ memoir – not to mention the rest of its fantastically appealing cast – is meant for great things.

Clint Eastwood seems to think so, too. And no, I’m not comparing myself to Dirty Harry. That was just a (less than polished) way for me to say that Cross will also appear in Flags of Our Fathers (which, coincidentally, opens Oct. 20 as well).


Photo: TriStar Pictures (Running with Scissors).

No comments: