Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Acting the Fools…For You

Four years ago this fall, I missed jackass: the movie when it hit silver screens across the nation.

I just couldn’t bring myself to pay the price of admission to see what would Johnny Knoxville and his motley crew do now that they could take the concept of their hit MTV show – a bunch of guys performing dangerous and idiotic, though terribly funny stunts, just to see what happens – to the extreme.

All right, I didn’t really “miss” the movie, but avoided it, rather. I just didn’t think wasabi snorting, rocket skates, or mean paper cuts were for me.

But I was wrong.

And although I eschewed any thought of checking out the movie, I did what any self-respecting person would do: I rented it almost a year later – and laughed the night away.

Now, I can tell you that I’m so going to watch Jackass: Number Two when it opens this Sept. 22. How could I not? Check out the trailer and tell me you won’t try to be first in line to get your ticket.


Photo: Paramount Pictures (Jackass: Number Two).

No comments: